|Project Location||Spring Grove, PA|
|Engineering Disciplines||Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing, Construction & Project Management|
CenterPoint Engineering provides on-going engineering design, project management and construction management services to Glatfelter Paper, a global leader in supplying specialty papers and engineered products. Glatfelter purchased its first paper mill in PA in 1864, and at one time had the world’s largest paper manufacturing machine.
In 1947, Glatfelter launched Pennsylvania’s first tree farm managed for the growing of sustainable forest crops. Today, Glatfelter’s North American facilities have achieved FSC, SFI and PEFC forestry certification.
CenterPoint’s support for Galtfelter includes a wide range of projects and services. Recent examples include:
- Civil engineering services to design the expansion of a round-wood storage yard.
- Structural engineering services to evaluate aging concrete and steel for a four story, approximately 40,000 SF process building, and propose repair options.
- Civil and mechanical engineering services to design the replacement of a very large, critical process, drain-system collection manhole. CenterPoint provided the field investigation design, outage planning, and 48-hour outage construction management for this project.
- Mechanical design and project management for the replacement of a 24” diameter raw water pipe flow-meter.
- Structural, mechanical and electrical design and project management to facilitate the modernization and replacement of obsolete process pumps at multiple locations.
- Design of structural, mechanical, electrical and controls related to the total replacement of an obsolete, medium-voltage paper machine.